Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Brother's sweater

I finally got a picture of the sweater I made for my brother.



The roving is a merino-romney/rambouillet-finn mix that comes from a hogget fleece. I bought the roving from Linda Jacobs at Jacobs Art last year. It is really soft. My brother hates cables (actually, I don't know of any guy who likes them) and I refused to make him a plain sweater. So the above was the compromise; a textured sweater. It's basically a simple combination of purl and knit stitches. I got the pattern from my friend Matt's mom after I saw him wearing the sweater she made for him. I will try to post the actual pattern reference soon. I did change a bunch of things about it though since I wanted the sweater to fit perfectly and my brother likes raglan-cut sleeves.

And as a bonus, my brother also sent me some pictures of my cats! So here they are. I formally introduce you to


Cayman, who's been in a couple of pictures here already. He's a real big cat whose lean weight is 18 lbs. But let's not talk about his weight right now, we're working on his diet. He's very aggressive (but still very affectionate) and loves water. We think he's part wild cat.


And this is our Spooky. He is the youngest and smallest one (though still a normal sized cat, he just looks small when he stands next to Cayman). He's very sweet and always says hi with a big kiss. He's very shy though, so you'll probably not see him in many pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home