Thursday, June 01, 2006

Merino multicolor top and mohair

Today I took a little break from work and visited the Mind's Eye Yarns shop for the first time. They are having a 25% off anniversary sale and I bought four ounces each of these:
from left to right: multicolor merino top in Hollyberry, hand dyed mohair, and multicolor merino top in Cassis.

I didn't know what I wanted to do with these when I bought them. I just really liked the colors. I remember seeing the multicolor tops at the sheep and wool festivals but was too distracted by the fleeces to take the time to look at processed fibers. Anyway, I am going to make socks out of the Hollyberry and hand dyed mohair. In fact, I spun about 25 gr of each and plied them together. The yarn is now soaking in hot water in my bathroom sink. I took a picture of the pre-plied yarn, but alas, it is night time and no sun shine lights up my yarn, just ugly yellow incandescent light.



Oh btw, the pattern for my brother's sweater is from Wendy designs: His and Hers Guernsey Style Sweaters. I used a little less than 2 lbs of roving, worsted spun, 2-ply at 12 wpi, and size 6 Addi turbo needles for a medium-large sweater.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very lovely-I did well at Minds Eye as well!

6/21/2006 3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home