Sunday, July 09, 2006

Placemats and dyed lace yarn

A long time ago I began weaving placemats to give to our cousins as a gift. And finally, today, I finished them. Here's a picture of the mats still on the rigid heddle loom.



and here's a picture of the mats cut off from the loom:



I haven't yet sewn the edges of each mat but once that's done the mats are going into the washing machine and dryer. Hopefully they'll come out alright.

On another note, I dyed some lace-weight yarn a couple of days ago. It's a variegated light lilac color. The picture shows the yarn a little darker and less pink than it actually is.



I know I start way too many more projects than I should or have time for, but I specifically dyed this yarn for knitting the Light Up My Life Scarf by HeartStrings FiberArts . I have only knit a tiny bit of it, but here's a peak of how it's coming along.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lotta said...

I'm ooh'ing and aah'ing over your dying and spinning here! Wow! What gorgeous yarns you're producing -makes just a wee bit jealous! :)

7/14/2006 3:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your scarf looks lovely! Subtle soft colors and the pattern goes with it nicely.

7/21/2006 11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home