Saturday, July 22, 2006

Knitted blanks and some combed top



I decided to go with the knitting machine option for prepping the yarn for dyeing stripes. It just seemed so much faster than using the warping board. I knit all four skeins of Cascade in less than an hour! They are 35 stitches wide, which gave me plenty of room for dying and did not take up the whole length of my table. The yarn is now skeined and hanging to dry, will try to take some photos of it tomorrow.

In the mean time, here are some other things I did:



I combed about 75 grams (> 2.5 ounces) of the Merino x Corriedale fleece I bought a while back. I still need to comb another 40-50 grams more for the project I want to start, but this was fun. I haven't combed any wool in about a month and had almost forgotten how much fun it is! This wool will be used for my husband's Zigzag scarf, knit the long way. I made a swatch of it months ago and my husband liked it. It all started when I got the Spring issue of Spin Off magazine. I really wanted to try out the energized singles scarf idea mentioned in the magazine. My husband hates cables, or worse, lace, for himself, so the Zigzag pattern was pretty innocuous.

Oh, I also finished spinning singles of that Merino/Tencel blend from Bonkers. I think this one will be for Mrs. B. I like the color changes in it. It would also make a nice Zigzag scarf... hmm, I think I got zigzags on my mind.

3 Comments:

Blogger Fiberjoy said...

I love your spun Merino/Tencel blend! Will you be plying it or using it as singles?

7/22/2006 10:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful singles! Looking forward to seeing the dyed yarn.

7/27/2006 12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the merino tencel. I always love tencel because of the nice sheen it gives anything. What a beautiful colorway it is!

7/28/2006 5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home