Saturday, July 29, 2006

Lots of different things going on

Since last week's post I've been sort of scattered brained, doing a bunch of different little projects. So today, I'm just going to post them up.

First off, there were the dyed blanks for the French Market Bag (FMB).



the colors are very bold but that's what I wanted because when felted, the bag really looks neat with contrasting colors.


I've been knitting this on and off, as it is kind of boring to do. My favorite part is when it's all done and ready to felt. This bag is a modified version of the FMB. I found that I like it much better with a rectangular, rather than a square, bottom. Also, I like it with long handles. When I learn how to post PDF files, I will put up the instructions for this modified FMB.

I also finally found the other half of the merino/silk top that I had begun to spin in June.

Somehow it got put away with some tool boxes and it was not until we were unpacking some more boxes (slowly but surely, we will unpack all of our stuff, even if it means a whole year after our move) that my husband found it. Anyway, there's a lonely bobbin-full of merino/silk singles waiting to be joined with another singles to make super soft and shiny 2-ply lace-weight yarn.

And lastly, I found the perfect fun little project to use up my leftover sock yarn. It's the Nautie! It's just so cute and fun. AND, you can finish it in one sitting! So I got excited about taking pictures of it:







I have a bunch more of leftover sock yarn that will probably become other Nautie strains.

3 Comments:

Blogger Michaela said...

"Nautie" is so adorable -- I especially like the striping!!

7/29/2006 9:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the colors of Nautie's shell!

The colors for your FMB came out great.

7/31/2006 12:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i just made nuaties too! they ARE fun!

8/01/2006 11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home