Monday, July 31, 2006

Weekend dye job

Since this weekend weather was so pleasant, I decided to heat up the dye pot with some merino top.



I went all crazy with the colors because I just wanted to spin something not monochromatic for a while (my exploding stash includes things in greys, whites, browns, blacks, blues, pinks, reds, and oranges, but none mixed!). So this was the result. I kind of like it the way it is right now, don't know how I will feel after I spin it tho.

I also over dyed some merino/tencel blended top that I bought a while back and didn't like the color (it was "honey"). This looks better, and I already started spinning it into singles yarn. I will try to make a swatch to post up here soon.

2 Comments:

Blogger lazysaturday said...

That looks great Ana, it's been way too hot in CT to do any dyeing or spinning, in my opinion! How do you like your new neighborhood so far? ;-)

8/01/2006 12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely colors!

8/01/2006 9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home